Lamp posts can make quite an impact for brands-when used appropriately. It is a good support for a brand’s marketing activities especially with the OOH restrictions in Lagos state. In recent times, I have felt physical pain watching its misuse especially along the longest stretch of road in Lagos with the greatest OTS – Third Mainland Bridge. Too much info crammed in that space with no way to read as you whiz past. Even when in traffic! In my opinion, it’s a waste of marketing funds!
To start with- this media is especially useful if you have the following brand objectives:
- Brand awareness
- Event Promotions
- Sales Lead generation
- Brand building
- Teasers and other announcements
- Details of Promotions & contests
- ‘How to’ messages
To help marketers who desire to use this medium, here are a few simple tips to guide messaging for Lamp Post Banners:
- The Banner should have at least 30-40% images -if necessary.
- Use simple ‘easy- to- read’ font
- Keep text to a maximum of 3 lines
- The colour of your message is also very important. The higher the contrast between font and background, the better.
- Some great “standards” are black on yellow or black on white, red on yellow, or dark blue on white.
- Note: Stay away from light blues on dark blues, reds on browns, or purple on black. Your message will literally disappear from a short distance.
- Have a Call to Action(CTA) to give your audience direction
Hope this helps someone out there!